You may be surprised by the number of styles, species, and finishes available in today’s hardwood flooring. Just ask us about these hot new styling trends:
- Exotic looks that don’t come from the rainforests. They’re American-made and eco-friendly. Some products even use a series of high-tech processes that infuse color throughout, so scratching and scraping are far less obvious than in stained woods. 1
- Premium solid planks made from 100% recycled mill by-products. 2
- A horizontal scraping technique that creates an effect like quarter-sawn wood, a late 19th-centure technique used in fine floors. 2
- High-gloss finishes that add sleek sophistication ideal for contemporary décor.
- 5” widths combined with traditional -wide planks, for a chic designer look.
- Flooring in opaque black and white, used separately or in combination—upscale and the height of fashion in clothing and the home. 3
- Extremely fashionable browner, grayer colors—tones that range from coffee browns to new, trendy charcoal.
- Hand-brushed surfaces—subtle, soft, and touchable. 4
- Flooring that has the look of reclaimed wood from bygone eras. 5
1 Epic Exotic Visions collection, style St. Barts, from Shaw Floors
2 Grand Canyon hand-scraped hickory collection, from Shaw Floors
3 Cosmopolitan maple collection, from Shaw Floors
4 Brushed Suede hand-brushed hickory collection, from Shaw Floors
5 Olde Mill Maple hand-sanded and distressed collection, from Shaw Floors
Provided by shawfloors.com